6 Station plaza, New Jersey, Ridgewood 07450
The Village of Ridgewood was created on November 20, 1894, with the same boundaries as Ridgewood Township. The Village became the municipal government while the Township remained a school district. In 1902, the village added portions of Orvil Township, which were returned to Orvil Township in 1915. In 1925, Ridgewood Village acquired area from Franklin Township (remainder now dissolved as Wyckoff). On February 9, 1971, Ridgewood acquired area from Washington Township. On May 28, 1974, it acquired area from Ho-Ho-Kus. The name of the village derives from the characteristics of its terrain.
• Proof of residence and financial need • Area Served: Ridgewood, Wyckoff, Ho-Ho-Kus, Midland Park, Waldwick, and Glen Rock.